Wisdom Wednesday: Here's The Gear You'll Need If You Insist On Driving Your Convertible This Autumn
Yesterday was the first day of fall which means cooler temperatures are coming in. ‘ If you prep properly, you can still squeeze in a few more chilly weekends out of your convertbles. We’ve got all the gear you need to keep warm(ish) and stylish as you top-down drive to your heart’s content.
- Hat-the first thing you need to do before dropping the top on that tossable roadster is protect your noggin’ from chilly wind with a winter hat — one that doesn’t make you look like you’re going logging.
- Driving Gloves-your hands shouldn’t just stay warm (but not sweaty warm), they should look stylish, too.
- Sweater coat-this impeccably crafted, super-warm outer layer is tough enough to take the cold and plenty sophisticated for your fall convertible drive.
- Heattech T-shirt-yes, you do need a base layer on your spirited drive, but not one that’s noticeable above your neckline; you may decide to stop at a local eatery to give your car a rest after putting it through the ropes.
- Sunglasses-since everyone’s going to see your uncloaked mug as you drive top-down, your sunglasses should be as fashionable as they are functional.
- Corduroys or warm pants-what, did you think we were going to send you off in a pair of Nomex fire-retardant pants? You’re not a race car driver, pal. Get comfortable and warm in the pilot seat with corduroys or warm pants.
- Bag-you’ll need something gentlemanly but still masculine to carry your essentials should you stop to see the sights somewhere on your drive.
- Driving shoes-these are a must, but they don’t have to look like you stepped right off the track.
- Chap stick-even though the warmth seems to have left the air, the sun’s still ready to nail you — and let’s not even talk about the wind.
- Sunscreen-even on cloudy days, you should always throw on a layer of sunscreen to avoid harmful rays. '
Source: Business Insider October 2013, Photo BMI MIni of Sterling Wordpress