Original Mustang Facts
'Here are some fun facts about the original Ford Mustangs from 1964 to 1966:
- The first Mustang was introduced to the public on April 17th, 1964 at the New York World’s Fair.
- The car was brought out five months before the 1965 model year, and many refer to it as being a “1964½” model, although Ford titled them as 1965.
- The Mustang came in three body types: Coupe, Convertible, and Fastback, made available for the true 1965 model year.
- 1966 saw the highest number of Mustangs sold yet, as well as the creation of the millionth model.
- The 1966 model came with four engine configurations: the 200 cubic inch I-6 making 120 horsepower, and three configurations of the 289 cubic inch V-8 making 200hp, 225hp, and 271hp.'